Tuesday, June 26, 2007

First Day Out



In order to run the boat we have broken up into two watches, the Starboard Watch and the Port Watch. Each day we will switch which watch is in charge of blogging. We are starting with the Starboard Watch. (On the water, port means left and starboard means right.)

Today we woke up early and boarded our boat. We learned the parts of the boat and how to work them. After lunch we learned about the bay and the creatures that live in it. I can't believe we really are taking classes on the water!

We also made flags to raise when our watch is on duty. Nigel drew a fantastic penguin to go on our flag.

Our RA is awesome. Her name is Amanda. She keeps us all entertained, except when she is trying to tell jokes.

2 comments:

Lady Maryland said...

Sounds like the Sigsbee is having a great time! Don't give up on Amanda, she just might find some good jokes before the end of the trip.


-Lady Maryland

miLk :3 said...

Hello!
nice to meet you!
My name is miyuki and I´m a brasilian girl!
can you leave me comments??
uuhuheuhe
but I think you will not understand anythiang because I wrote in portuguese....^^
by the way... are you from....???
see ya