Saturday, July 5, 2014

Day 6, July 5th

At this point we're just over halfway through our journey.  The weather and wind has calmed down and hurricane Arthur has passed on by so we're back on the bay.  The wind is blowing, the sails are up, and the boat is swiftly moving along.  We've got some free time on the boat so we're going to post each kids favorite moment of the trip so far.

John-
"My favorite part of the trip was experiencing how to work on a sail boat.  I liked raising the sails and sailing around the chesapeake bay.  I really liked crabbing, I'd never done it before.  My favorite part was eating all the crabs at the end of the day, and learning how to eat them without using a mallet to smash and savage the meat."

Maddy-
"My favorite part was seeing Fourth of July fireworks along the coast of the bay and the starry scenery above us.  And occasionally seeing fireflies buzz by on the beach.  Walking down to the beach at night was really spooky but once we got there it was soothing to listen to the sound of the waves."

Spandana-
"My favorite part so far was going to the beach at night and watching fireworks for the Fourth of July from different cities on the horizon.  Also, playing with the sparklers and looking up into the night sky and seeing the stars. I've really enjoyed bonding with everyone."

Henry-
"My favorite part of the trip was staring at the stars when we were on the beach.  Learning to navigate was fun and doing the day to day operations of the boat was enjoyable.  I'm looking forward to steering the ship and learning more about the bay."

Emily-
"My favorite part was catching and eating the crabs.  It was fun to be on net duty and catch the crabs and they were really tasty.  I also liked the fireworks that we saw."

Mark-
"I'm going to say that even though you're not suppose to put ketchup on hotdogs I'm going to do it anyway.  I enjoyed sailing the great ocean brown, you have to say the ocean brown or it's just not the same.  It's not about the destination it's about the uh how does it go, it's about the journey."

Izac-
"My favorite part was going crabbing with Captain Clay.  I liked dancing on the crab boat with everyone in my group.  I also really enjoyed looking at the stars on July fourth as the waves touched the shore.  I've also enjoyed bonding with everyone, and getting to know them.  I'll really miss them after the trip."

Benjamin-
"It was really amazing seeing the river otters at the maritime museum and trying to eat fake cookies.  I really liked getting my hair done, I looked fabulous.  Thanks Maddy.  I really loved steering the boat around the bay.  The Fourth of July was really fun."

Lauren-
"My favorite part was running down the beach with sparklers on the Fourth of July.  I love camping with my best friends every night.  It was really fun coming back on the boat and seeing Joe and Rojan.  Giant Lobsters rock my socks."

Ryan-
"Sleeping in beds
Instead of in sheds

Taking a shower
Instead of getting fouler

Laughing and having fun
Instead of on the run

That is the pleasure of staying in the dorms.  Also playing with sparklers on the Fourth of July was amazing as was looking at the stars."

Araceli-
"Unfortunately everything was so fun that I ended up making new friends.  I liked sailing and learning about crabs.  The sigsbee was the most beautiful boat I've ever seen.  Its giant sails reminded me of the moon.








No comments: