Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Monday, July 9, 2012

Earlier in the day yesterday we placed bets on when it would rain, Morgan won…I woke up to pouring rain on the roof of the pavilion we were staying in because we’d expected rain… Izzy, my tent mate, was super freaked out, I thought that she was going to cry. I felt so bad. I stayed up for the rest of the thunderstorm, I think, but I was still wide awake in the morning.

- Nora

Last night there was a huge storm. We had pitched our tents under an outdoor pavilion to avoid the weather. ..This morning we made pancakes and sausage for breakfast, and then walked to the oyster and fish hatcheries at Horn Point Laboratory. We got to see oysters in their larval form and hold diamond backed terrapin and Atlantic Sturgeon. Atlantic Sturgeon can grow to be 14 ft tall and 800 lbs. After that we….we had an oyster shell packing competition. The group I am in (starboard) won. We packed 48 bags in about 13 minutes. This afternoon we are going back to the laboratory to handle some oysters.

-Morgan

This trip is going by really fast because I’m having so much fun. We had a really big thunderstorm and it was really fun. We went to an oyster and fish hatchery and it was fun holding the turtles and fish!! J

-Esther

No comments: