Sunday, July 29, 2007

Voice of the Sigsbee



Hi, I am the Sigsbee. In all my years as a boat (more than 100) sailing the Chesapeake Bay, I have never seen anything quite like what I saw on that hot summer day oh so long ago (yesterday). John, the educator that works on me helped the kids from catch many oysters in the dredge.



The kids got to separate the live oysters from the dead ones and the live ones filtered the chocolate milk-colored water they were in by the next day. Quite impressive.



Along with the oysters was mud and other stuff but the kids really got into the mud. Not only did my passengers get dirty but so did I. I was ready for a deck wash.



Then all the students put their hands in the mud and got it on their faces, arms and clothes. One boy in particular, Dominick, covered his entire face and looked lie a gooey grey hulk. It was actually quite scary.




The kids later swam at my side in the bay. Speaking of deck wash, they had the pleasure of giving me a bath and getting me partially clean, but from this experience there was something I learned: Kids will always be kids.

1 comment:

My Favorite Dylan Songs said...

Dear Sigsbee, Ostas, and crew,
You were lucky you got to swim after all that mud 'cause Rach mentioned there was no shower on the boat. Have fun and see you on Friday!
Love,
DJ Joce
p.s.
DPP stop scaring
poor Sigsbee!